Saturday 10 October 2009

the coffee house loner


A pot of tea for one please,

A corner and a book,

For I am the coffee house loner,

It has a certain look.


No extra milk is needed,

No sugar and no fuss,

I am the coffee house loner,

There is but one of us.


I may require a coffee,

That pleasant caffeine lift,

I am the coffee house loner,

My visit may be swift.


But other times 'tis casual,

An afternoon is lost,

but for the coffee house loner

this never is a cost.


And over yonder corner,

A solo tea pot seen,

Another coffee house loner

Is swimming in caffeine.


Across the wooden tables

A mutual respect,

We are coffee house loners

Not children of neglect.


Another pot of tea please,

I nestle in the booth,

For I am the coffee house loner,

I know no other truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment