Wednesday 22 July 2015

Departing

Today I depart. Somewhat stupidly I decided to go back to china on land, and sandwich that trip with two wholemeal slices of travel, namely a 192 mile hike across England's rugged north, and a visit to Japan's old capital, Kyoto, to live for a week in a capsule. 

I calculated the mileage to be about 8892, although no website appears to be able to calculate train distances, somewhat annoyingly. So 8892 is a very rough estimate. It is however longer than the equatorial diameter of the earth, so pleasingly I can report that if I did this trip downwards, from New Milton through the centre of the earth, I'd pop out a few hundred miles south east of New Zealand and keep on climbing into the sky for hundreds of miles more. 

Tonight I'll be in New Cross, London. Tomorrow, the north!

No comments:

Post a Comment