Friday 13 January 2012

NUC: Broca, Brockley



A huge blown up photo of the Broca staff hangs on the wall. What larks they have. My CV goes in... Could I be on that wall next season? (No, apparently). Well, there's a few too many kids anyway. But still, it's a tasty place; I like it here. I'm keen on the array of dissimilar furniture, all second hand, mostly quite hard, cushionless. There is a sofa or two, too, if you're so inclined. Pleasant tunes drift through on clouds of caffeine, jangly guitars made for places like this.

People come and go. The Brockley pram society arrive with their new wares, tested with new tiny humans. A room out the back caters for the kids, who spill over into the main bit where I am. Fortunately, I have the patience of a saint. A huge noticeboard serves the community. I saw a very reasonably priced room going for rent, which I forgot to pursue. Such is the nature of the noticeboard. There's a nicely ethical undertone here, ensuring everyone's place in heaven. Organic things coupled with not extortionate prices. If you take a leap over the train station you come across the Broca's sister, the Broca Food Market. Once upon a time I bought dutch waffles from that place. How things change...


No comments:

Post a Comment